Practice Staff Rights
Practice Staff have the right:
- To a good working environment with flexible working opportunities, consistent with the needs of patients and with the way that people live their lives;
- To have a fair pay and contract framework;
- To be involved and represented in the workplace;
- To have healthy and safe working conditions and an environment free from harassment, bullying or violence;
- To be treated fairly, equally and free from discrimination; and
- To raise an internal grievance and if necessary seek redress, where it is felt that a right has not been upheld.
Practice Staff Responsibilities
Practice Staff have the duty:
- To accept professional accountability and maintain the standards of professional practice as set by the appropriate regulatory body applicable to their profession or role.
- To take reasonable care of health and safety at work for themselves, their team and others, and to co-operate with employers to ensure compliance with health and safety requirements.
- To act in accordance with the express and implied terms of their contract of employment.
- Not to discriminate against patients or staff and to adhere to equal opportunities and equality and human rights legislation.
- To protect the confidentiality of personal information that they hold unless to do so would put anyone at risk of significant harm.
- To be honest and truthful in applying for a job and in carrying out that job.